Friday, July 1, 2011

A Humble Prayer


A Humble Prayer
A Tsunami in the Eastern part of my country.  A million lose their life. The news leaves me in a state of shock. A riot in the Western part of the nation. Thousands killed brutally fighting amongst themselves in the name of religion. Terrorist attacks in the heart of the country, leave hundreds killed and terror in the minds of the survivors. I hear it all and am scared to death. Famines hit the South this time and I am shown the visuals of people dying of hunger, am grief struck. The motherlands’ Northern flesh, a piece of land, as they it say now, is witnessing awful fate since half a decade now, and I feel uneasy to think about the fact “ what next now?”
Living safely in my home, am saddened by the news flowing all around me.
But am safe. And so are my relatives who are settled in the Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern and the Central part of the country. Am happy. Am blessed and I am lucky.
And I am a Hypocrite.
Saddened, shocked, sorry?  For those who lost their lives and their dear ones?
Alas! These are nothing more than just some phrases, which sound apt when uttered at times when such catastrophes struck the humanity. But days pass by and I have forgotten the pain of those left houseless, handicapped, shattered and hopeless.
Days pass by. I carry on and as they say, I move on in my life. Success as it is has to be achieved, come what may.
I see World Trade Center crashing down, I see scribbles being murdered, and I see girls being raped. I see kids being kidnapped, I see children killing parents over property feuds and I pray to God, “Thank you. I am safe”.

And one fine day, I am kidnapped, raped, murdered and my dead body is thrown in the famine hit, tsunami awaited, and earthquake prone piece of earth. A volcano erupts and heaven falls on earth and a voice raises a question … Were you safe even when you thought you were? You forgot the pain of those who suffered and enjoyed your life as you wanted to LIVE while alive. Party each day was your motto in life. 
And I wake up and realize it was a dream. Am still alive.

But my mind is no longer at peace and a prayer leaves my lips. Oh God please make this earth a safe place for everyone around. Loss of brethren near or far, know or unknown, belonging to any colour, race, and religion is a personal loss. Every pious soul leaving the world, noticed and un-noticed, attended to and un attended to, is a grief to noble world. And now this prayer in my mind, in my heart, in my soul seeks a favor to be spread around because human we are and humanity must prevail on this earth, our beautiful home .

4 comments:

  1. And one fine day, I am kidnapped, raped, murdered and my dead body is thrown in the famine hit, tsunami awaited, and earthquake prone piece of earth. A volcano erupts and heaven falls on earth and a voice raises a question … Were you safe even when you thought you were? You forgot the pain of those who suffered and enjoyed your life as you wanted to LIVE while alive. Party each day was your motto in life.
    And I wake up and realize it was a dream. Am still alive.

    this paragraph is really something i dont want to happen... EVER!!! never post such things about urself on blogs please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not ME that has been talked about in the blog Ameet. its ME as in us all in general. And am going to be not bounded in the language in my blogs . This is a promise I made to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And am very happy , this feeling came in your mind. It would be worth the effort if this can be said for each and every girl living on the earth and not only for those who are our friends.
    The purpose for this post will be solved then.

    ReplyDelete